OK, I'm having a very strange problem with a reflowable epub file I'm creating. It displays fine on most reading systems, but on the Nook, it will not advance pages across chapter breaks. Instead, it just hangs or sometimes does half a page change (to the point that I can see some of the text from the next chapter), then slides back.
About the Book
- Epub 3.0
- contains images, mostly around 75kb - 150kb in size, no larger than 800px on the long side
- highly formatted (lots of elements and classes)
Things I've tried
- Removed all CSS: It looks like it must be an HTML problem
- Removed all instances of more than one class definition per element (like
- Other epub 3.0 books work just fine on this same device (and have for years), so it's not that.
I recognize that it's tough to say without looking at the code, but I can't post the book online--it's not my intellectual property. I've had the nook do similar things with background images, but with the CSS not being an issue (I made a test version of the file with a blank CSS file), it's not that. If anyone's had experiences with files on the Nook that sound remotely similar, I'd love to hear about them.