Is publishing an ebook through Smashwords allowed if the ebook consists of nothing more than blog posts you've originally written? For example, a collection of "Best of" posts with no extra material.
Reading their Terms of Service, in the Author's Warranties section, some points which collecting and publishing a collection of still up and publicly accessible blog posts may run afoul of:
9b. You further warrant that the Work contains no materials which:
- contains advertisements for products or services, or is intended to act as an advertising or upselling vehicle for products or services
- is an incomplete book for the purpose of promoting the purchase of the complete book elsewhere or on Smashwords. Books priced at FREE are held to this same standard.
9c. You further warrant the book meets the following standards for originality:
- your books do not and will not appear elsewhere on the Internet authored by people other than yourself or by pen names (pseudonyms) different from your pen name at Smashwords;
9d. You further warrant the book represents a complete work:
- the uploaded file is not a partial sample or sample chapter, or is not a collection of sample chapters, or not simply a catalog advertising other books or products
- the work is complete and self-contained, and does not try to upsell the user to purchase, or register for, access to information that should have been contained in the book
- the uploaded book represents a complete story with a beginning, middle and end. Exception: Serials are allowed. Each serial cover image should be different, even if the only difference is a notation on the cover image about the serial's position or episode number in the series. To avoid customer confusion, we recommend it should be clearly identified as a serial in the book description and the serial episodes should be linked together using the Smashwords Series Manager tool.
Given that a collection of blog posts are:
- only selected articles from a blog, thus incomplete of the total blog archives
- still available to read as you please
- in itself is some kind of advertising for the blog
- non-fiction and has no narrative
would such an ebook be publishable on Smashwords?