I have a Kindle Keyboard and a Paperwhite, they both have WiFi and mini USB. Is there anyway to connect with a TV or computer monitor so I can get a larger screen size, while reading with my Kindle?

  • 3
    I don't think so. The mini USB port is not for sending display signals. I think only the Fire HD allows you to stream the display to another device.
    – Jason Down
    Commented Dec 30, 2013 at 14:55

2 Answers 2


Although you cannot stream from any Kindle directly (except for the Kindle Fire HD), you can download any of your Kindle books to a PC or laptop and read them using the PC Kindle App, and you would be able to stream that.

  • 1
    You can stream directly from the Kindle Fire HD via HDMI. But this answer is correct for the other models, including the Paperwhite. Commented Dec 30, 2013 at 19:06

No, unless you completely replace the software on the device. The mini-USB is not capable of connecting to external devices. The software included by Amazon doesn't allow you to remote the screen over WiFi to another device.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.