I downloaded an important PDF e-book but it is not in English. Is there a software or another way I can translate the entire e-book into English or another language?
You can upload your PDF to Google Drive, convert it to Google Docs (open with Docs), and apply tool
Translate to... English. It will make a copy of the PDF in editable format and also keep the original.
Visit drive.google.com, sign into it with your username and password
Click on NEW > File Upload, select the file from your computer..
After uploading the file, click on ‘Recent’ on left and and select the uploaded file, right click on it and select
Open with >’Google Docs’
When the document will open in another tab, click on
Tools > Select ‘Translate document’
- Enter the document title, choose a language to translate into and click on ‘Translate’ button
- Translated document will open in another tab, which you can edit, print or download to your computer.
Some eBook reader apps are able to translate for you on the fly (I know of two, Google Books and Cool Reader. A better list is in Wikipedia features table).
Please note that this translation isn't guaranteed to be very good, and language support differs between readers as well.
If you need a professional quality level translation, (as you seem to imply when you mark the book as important), I think that your only option is to hire someone who has knowledge of both languages that can do the work for you. By using any online or computerized service you can't have any guarantee about the quality of the translation.
You can use http://translation-embedder.com which enables you to upload a PDF and get a generated HTML e book. This e book can be opened in any browser - best to use is Google's Chrome. In this new book when you click on the word you will get instant translation and also text to speech capability - this can be turned off. You can view this new HTML e book off line without Internet connection. Application is free to use.You can also read your E book on any mobile phone browser.
There are three ways you can do this:
- You can use Google translate
You won’t be doing this directly.
- First, you need to copy the text from the PDF file and paste it on the google translate.
- Once translated, transfer the new converted text to a word document file.
For PDF format preference: Convert the document file to PDF by clicking File, go to Save as, click PDF in the Save as type list then click save.
- You can hire a translator
Freelance translators are available online. You can try to hire on freelancing sites like Freelancer, Upwork or Guru.
You can use an online PDF translator
- Online PDF converters and software to translate PDF files directly to English are now available. You just need to upload it to the site
- Once uploaded, you need to select the language that your PDF is currently in and select the language that you want it to be converted into
- Then click convert for translation and download the processed document
Note: Options 1 and 3 may not be as fluent or may not have the complete slang that the language has typically, but it will do the work. Translators meanwhile may mean paying a fee.