What topics can I ask about here?
Ebooks Stack Exchange is for ebook publishers and readers. The main focus is on the processes involved in publishing and/or consuming ebooks (and related tools), rather than on the content of ebooks. Shopping-style questions are also discouraged (e.g. Where can I find free ebooks about subject abc? or What ereader should I buy?).
Examples of On-Topic Questions:
- How can I create a .pdf from a .epub file?
- How can I export text from a .epub file?
- What image formats can I embed in a XYZ file? (where XYZ is an ebook format)
- I bought an ebook from _____. How can I read it on my Kindle/Nook/iOS device/etc.?
- What are the pros and cons of publishing in XYZ format versus ABC format?
- Are there any waterproof ereaders available for purchase?
- What tools do I need to edit a XYZ file? (where XYZ is an ebook format)
- Is there any software that will create an ebook from a Wordpress site?
- Why doesn't my Kindle/Nook/ereader show cover images?
- My [ereader or electronic device] isn't working because [specific problem]; how can I fix it?
- Can I restrict an ebook so that it can only be read on certain devices?
Examples of Off-Topic Questions:
- What are the best sites for buying/downloading ebooks? (shopping/opinion-based)
- Where can I find free ebooks about XYZ? (shopping)
- Which ereader should I buy? (shopping)
- Why does [some retailer] charge more for its [ebooks/ereaders] than [some other retailer]? (shopping/opinion-based)
- How can I download every ebook on example.com? (primarily programming-based; try Programmers or Stack Overflow)
- Questions about the content of particular books
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Ebooks Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.